"Much learning does not teach understanding."
About author-publishers, quality assurance, as well as my prospective books, you can read here:
1. Selfemployed as an Author-Publisher
1.1. What Degree of Selfemployment Would You Like?
Generally speaking, fluent transitions are possible between being solely an author and being completely selfemployed as an author-publisher. The latter comprises everything from writing to book production, as well as publication and sales.
We will elucidate in section 2. and section 3. that self-publishing authors are not alone at all. Rather, they as well take advantage of various services in order to guarantee premium quality.
Due to the following reasons, I will make all the decisions about my books myself:
- I do not only own the copyright, but, as the publisher using my own ISBNs, I own all other rights to my books, as well
- therefore, I will decide, in which format I will offer my books (as ebooks, in print, as separate volumes, and as omnibusses), the choice will be yours
- you will have the possibility to purchase my books in German and English
- due to my aforementioned rights, I will offer my books to you on this website on attractive terms, but also nationally and internationally in the well-known online bookshops
- in case of potential errata, as well as necessary updates, I can react swiftly
1.2. Self-Publishing Authors Have Their Standards
Self-publishing authors, who regard their work as a real and serious profession or sideline, have set their standards and strive continuously to comply with them. These encompass steady improvement of their own abilites, and the constructive collaboration with editors and proofreaders, as well as correct quotation, and rejection of any plagiarism. The Alliance of Independent Authors, ALLi, has arranged its Code of Standards in a clear manner.
1.3. My Future Publisher´s Logo
A publishing house is not only mentioned on the copyright page, but also on the title page of a book in the form of its logo. My prospective publisher´s logo will be easy to recognise:
2. The Business Relationships of an Author-Publisher
As mentioned above, an author-publisher works in contact with his or her environment. Below, we will look at some of the contacts to give you an idea of how the work really proceeds.
Self-publishing authors take advantage of various services in order to publish a professional book. According to the genre, the experience, but also to the budget, these are the following:
- editing: the book is professionally reviewed, also its content is mended
- proofreading: the last check, including every single comma
- design of the book cover, and figures within the text, if applicable
- distribution and marketing
The Platforms: Online Bookshops and Wholesalers
Self-published books are not only sold from an author ´s website, but also uploaded onto the internationally known platforms. For this, authors need an account with the respective platform and they maintain their author´s pages carefully.
An Author´s Website
To many self-publishing authors, their own website is very important. Using it, they not only sell books directly (and collect the entire profit), but also communicate with their readers and customers.
The Contact With Fellow Authors
Many self-publishing authors are in touch with their colleagues and share their experiences, they help one another to revise their works, or they even write a book jointly.
3. Top Quality for My Books, Too
If one intends to write a book, it is not only necessary to occupy oneself with the theme intensively, but also to consider the following items carefully (selection):
- the table of contents needs to be clearly structured and in a logical order
- the selection of specific and informative headlines
- a perfect balance concerning the length of sentences and paragraphs
- in textbooks, the adequate change of text, figures, and didactic tools
- a language, which is beautiful and comprehensible at the same time
- the parts of a book in their correct order
It is only natural to me to hire a proofreader prior to the publication of my books.
4. About My Books in General
I don´t intend my books to be full of facts which are meant to be learned by heart. Rather, it is important to me to offer you knowledge, which you can understand without much previous knowledge, and which you can apply in your work environment daily.
We know that everything flows. This constant flow also pertains to knowledge itself, as some facts and concepts will be replaced by new insights. Hence, I will update my books continuously, which is particularly simple to accomplish with self-published books.
5. My CRM Book in Several Volumes
As the subject matter in crew resource management is truly comprehensive, I will presumably split it into eight volumes. Thus, especially the electronic versions will be in a size which you can still handle easily on your reading device. You will find ample information on the subpage dedicated to the CRM Book.
6. More Books Are in the Pipeline
During my preparations for my first book, as well as for my work as a self-publishing author, I found many a valuable source of information. This profession consists of so many facets that I started to compile all the important facts and my thoughts on them in written form.
From there, a complete table of contents, as well as a partly written book has already developed. I plan to finish it and divide it into several volumes.
As my CRM book, I will publish it as an ebook, and in print, in separate volumes, and as an omnibus in German and English. Presumably, it will be ready in 2024 already.
In my pipeline, I have already stored precise ideas for more books about crew resource management, as well as about writing. There, they will stay until it is their turn as it is important to me to finalise one project after another in good quality.
In my Newsletter , you can learn about the news concerning my books.
On my CRM Blog , you can find an exciting topic relating to CRM every month.
You can find the briefly summarised news on "Latest News".